Monday, 6 July 2015

Twenty Something Skincare



Now I'm out of my teen years my skin has changed and it needs different things. I don't know about you but I still get the odd hormonal breakouts but my skin is no longer an oil slick. I find I don't need to pay as much attention to breakouts and oiliness but more on the texture of my skin and choose products to brighten up my dull skin. I know I'm not getting wrinkles yet but I'm now seriously thinking of the future and prevention.


So here are my tips to treat your 20 something skin!

1. Switch to a creamy cleanser
A cleamy cleanser is much kinder to your skin and it tends to be a lot less stripping!

2. Invest in a good eye cream
I love this step in my skincare routine, it feels extremely luxurious and it also will help prevent wrinkles in the future. You can never start too early!!

3. Amp up the moisture
Switch to a thicker or richer moisturiser to make you skin plump and happy!

4. Invest in a serum
Serums are where it's at!!! They contain active ingredients and penetrate deeply into the skin. Look for serums that contain hyaluronic acid for fighting against wrinkles or my favourite vitamin C to brighten and give your skin some serious glow factor.

5. Get out the facial oils
Facial oils are magical and I cannot live without my rose hip oil!

6. Exfoliate
Exfoliating get's rid of dead skin and leaves your skin baby soft. It also works to even out your skin tone, get rid of dark spots and can help to fight against pesky pimples.

7. Maybe get a night cream that will prevent wrinkles
A night cream is a little bit more richer which is perfect for bedtime as your skin repairs itself while you are snoozing away!

8. Take the time to pamper
Your skincare routine is your time to relax and pamper yourself. I like to whip out my facial masks and have a nice cup-a tea. My skincare routine is like a ritual that helps me feel beautiful and it winds me down after a stressful day at work!

9. Vitamin C
Many models have mentioned they use products with vitamin c! It brightens, exfoliates and evens out your skin tone. I can't go a week without my Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion Scrub.

10. SPF
SPF is soo important, not only to prevent skin cancer but also to prevent premature ageing. I never leave the house without SPF!


How has your skincare changed over the years?

Jessica-Lee

13 comments:

  1. My skin care has changed alot over the years! I'm definitely being a lot kinder to it at the moment! How do you get on with the cleansing brush? Is it worth getting one?

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how quickly your skin can change! Me too, I'm definitely going for more creamy and moisturising products. I love my Clairisonic!!! I only use it of a nighttime to ensure that I get a really deep cleanse so all my makeup is thoroughly removed. I also find it does give a light exfoliation and has changed the texture of my skin for the better. My partners mother could see such a difference in my skin that she went out and bought it herself and then my partners sister got one too! But I have heard mixed reviews, some people think it's worth it and others don't. I think it's definitely something worth trying, especially if your are one to invest and splurge on skincare.

    Thanks a lot for your comment Sophie ^_^ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I have a very minimalist skincare routine, personally. But my number one is hydration; water does wonders :)

    High Heels & Happy Feels
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Lindsey! Agree, drinking water does wonders :) Thanks for your comment xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great tips! I love facial oils and cream cleansers too :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now in my late twenties and completely agree that it changes. Good moisturiser and cleanser is so worth the money (shame on my younger self for not paying for the good stuff!)

    Megan || Oh Hey! blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love skincare and I think its something to invest in. I've definitely noticed a massive difference when I spent a little bit more on products. I'm also a huge advocate for organic skincare!!! Thanks soo much for your comment Megan xo

      Delete
  6. I agree with everything you put on this 'essentials' list. I havent tried Vitamin C though, thanks for the tip! : )
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment :) I would definitely recommend giving vitamin c a whirl, it does wonders for my dull skin! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great collection of products and loving most of these as I use them myself too! The serozinc toner is incredible for oily skin xx


    Jenny | Krystel Couture + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing such useful tips.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS